Pickles go well with just about anything. You can eat it with rice, a hamburger, with a salad or as a side. It is anything that has been pickled in a brine, vinegar, or other solution and left to ferment for a period of time. Pickles are also very low in calories.
We usually use cucumber, but in this recipe, we will also be using onions and beetroot, along with other spices. These pickles are made with simple ingredients and are so easy to make. Below is a quick and easy recipe to help you create your own pickles at home.
Easy Quick Pickles that are Actually HealthyDifficulty: Easy
1 cup Wine Vinegar
1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 pc Mace
1 teaspoon crushed Ginger
2 teaspoons Jaggery
10 pcs Cloves
2 pcs Star Anise
1 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 teaspoon Salt
2 cups Water
- First, chop the onions, cucumber and beetroot into thin slices. Place them into 3 separate jars.
- Then, in a small saucepan, heat about 2 cups of water. Add the spices and bring them to a boil for about a minute.
- Add 2 teaspoons of jaggery and cinnamon. Remove from heat. Add a teaspoon of salt, stir and let the liquid cool down.
- For beetroot and onions, use wine vinegar and fill it to about half of the jar. Add the spiced water to fill the rest of the jar.
- For the cucumber, use apple cider vinegar and fill it to about half of the jar and add spiced water to fill the rest of the jar.
- Store it or eat it after 30 minutes.