Ingredients– 1 cup fresh spinach – 2 cloves garlic – 2 tsp white poppy seeds – 2 tsp sesame seeds – 1 tsp balsamic vinegar – olive or mustard oil for frying – salt to taste
- Peel garlic and shop it into small chunks. Don’t chop it to small, it shouldn’t burn or disappear on the pan.
- Heat the oil and add garlic. Fry for about one minute, be careful, the garlic shouldn’t burn.
- Add entire spinach to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally and make sure that it doesn’t overcook. If spinach is cooked for too long it looses its taste and a pleasant texture.
- When spinach is ready, transfer it to a plate and mix with 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar. If you prefer, you can also use a regular vinegar.
- Roast the seeds: heat the pan over medium pan and roast sesame and poppy seeds. Stir continuously, so that the seeds do not burn. In this recipe we are using white poppy seeds, that is also called Asian poppy seeds. If it is difficult to fin you can also opt for black poppy seeds, but it will look and taste different.
- Add seeds on the top of the spinach.
Please follow and like us: