Ginger Halwa is a recipe that is great if you have a runny nose, cold or sore throat. The ingredients of this recipe are very warming to the body so make sure not to take it if you have a high temperature. Ginger Halwa is very easy to make and you can easily find all the ingredients in your home.
Some of the ingredients for ginger halwa are easily found in your kitchen and are also great remedies for fighting cough and cold. Jaggery, which helps warm up the body. Ghee, which carry all the nutrients of turmeric and ginger to every cell in your body. And turmeric, which serves as anti-iflammatory and anti-bacterial.
Ginger Candy for Cough and Cold (No sugar Ginger Halwa)Cuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
2 tbsp of grated ginger
1 cup of Jaggery
2 ½ tbsp of Ghee
1 ½ teaspoon of Turmeric Powder
- First, make about 2 tbsp of grated ginger. Use a spoon or knife to peel off the skin of the ginger then finely grate it.
- Then, heat a pan and add around 2 and a half tablespoons of Ghee. Heat until all the ghee is melted.
- After that, lower the heat to a medium and add the grated ginger. Sauté for 2 to 5 minutes until the ginger softens. Make sure not to burn or darken the ginger.
- Then add about 1 ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder. You can also use fresh turmeric if available. Make sure not to add too much to prevent making it very bitter. Mix for about a minute.
- Lastly, add a cup of jaggery to the mixture until it melts.
- Wait for it to cool down and have a tablespoon of the halwa and eat it and take it as medicine.