- raw bananas – x2 bananas
- coconut oil/ghee – x1 table spoon
- urad dal (black gram) – x1 table spoon
- curry leaves (fresh or dried) – x20 leaves
- green chilli – x1 (or to taste, depending on your spice tolerance level!)
- grated coconut (the best option is to use fresh coconut, but if you have only dried grated coconut at hand, it will also work) – x1 cup
- chopped coriander – x2 table spoons
- tumeric – x1/2 tea spoon
- black mustard seeds – x1/2 tea spoon
- salt to taste
Step 1. Peel the bananas – remove the top green layer of the skin only. Slice them into half.
Step 2. Boil the bananas until they are half-cooked, for about 10 minutes.
Step 3. Strain the water, peel the remaining skin and chop the bananas into thin round slices.
Step 4. Heat coconut oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dal, curry leaves, sliced chili. Stir for a few quick seconds and do not sneeze into the pot.
Step 5. Add sliced banana to the pan and mix well but gently. Remember we are not making a mash here.
Step 6. Add turmeric, stir again, cover the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Eat and go to sleep like a boss! 🙂