Do you have so much leftover bread but it feels wrong to just throw it out? Don’t let it go to waste! Take that leftover bread, that day-old bread, and make your own street food style snack.
Chow Mein with leftover bread is a very easy recipe and is made with vegetables and some interesting flavours. You can have this for breakfast or lunch. The inspiration for this recipe comes from Indo_chinese cuisine, in particular a classic chow mein recipe.
Street Food Style Bread Snack Recipe – Chow Mein with Leftover Bread
Leftover bread (cut into cubes)
Red Capsicum or Paprika
Salt – 1tsp
- First, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil to a large pan. Add onion, ginger, garlic and carrots. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- After that, add the chopped paprika. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook it until it’s slightly pulpy. You can also use ketchup if you don’t have tomatoes at home.
- Then, add 1 tsp of salt. Add the leftover bread sliced into small pieces, the soy sauce and vinegar. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Lastly, garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot. Enjoy!