Our sugar-free strawberry jam recipe with chia seeds is not just very simple but also extremely nutritious. It takes literally just a few minutes to prepare, and you can use it on almost anything: in your morning smoothie bowl, with overnight oats, as w strawberry sauce on ice cream or cakes, or simply eat it on its own. This strawberry jam also goes perfectly with lots of desserts from our Easy Healthy Sugar-Free Desserts online course.
This jam recipe doesn’t require any cooking. It means that all the vitamins in the strawberries become intact, and don’t get destroyed due to heat processing. Soaked chia seeds add an extra nutrition boost and also give a special thick, jelly-like texture to the jam. The sweetness in this recipe comes from dates. In fact, even if you just process the dates with the strawberries, it will make a wonderful healthy dessert on its own, which will take just like strawberry marshmallow!
– 300 gramm of strawberries
– 2 tbsp chia seeds
-5-6 sweet dates
1. Soak 2 tbsp of chia seeds in 12 tbsp of cold water. Set aside for 15-30 minutes.
2. Process strawberries together with the dates in a blender. There should be no chuncks of the dates remaining, the mixture shoudl beocome very smooth.
3. Mix chia seeds with the berry puree, and leave in the fridge for at least 10 minutes, to allow it to thicken.
4. Optionally, mash a few strawberries moer with a fork and mix them into the mixture. It will add extra texture, color and aroma to your sugar-free strawberry jam.