- mung bean thread noodle – x200 grams
- carrot – x2 medium-sized
- cucumber – x1 medium-sized
- paprika – x1 medium-sized
- tomato – x1 medium-sized
- coriander – x1 cup
- galangal or ginger – x1 thumb-sized piece
- lemon grass – x2 stalks
- lime leaves – x5 leaves
- red chilli – x1 small-sized
- lemon juice – x1 full lemon squeezed
- white balsamic vinegar – x5 tbsp
- vegetable oil of your choice (optional) – x1 tbsp
- salt to taste
Step 1. Soak noodles in hot water for 10 minutes or until it becomes soft, but not too mashy. Cool it down (you can rinse noodles in cold water) and put into a bowl.
Step 2. Chop carrots, cucumber, paprika, tomato and coriander, add to the bowl and mix with the noodles.
Step 3. Make a paste from galangal, lemon grass, lime leaves and chilli by mixing them with a small quantity of water in a blender.
Step 4. Add the freshly prepared paste together with lemon juice, vinegar, oil and salt to the bowl and mix your salad nicely. Let it sit in the bowl for 10-15 minutes, so that it “marinates” a little and obsorbs the taste of spices.
Step 5. Generously sprinkle your salad with crushed peanuts on top – your salad is ready to be served. Enjoy your spicy salad as a starter or as a main dish!