Tofu is a great source of Protein and Calcium that you can easily include in your daily diet. It is a soy-based food that’s made from curdling soya milk and forming it into a solid block. Tofu is a popular plant-based protein option that’s eaten around the world, particularly in East Asia. Many people consider tofu as a healthy meat replacement.
Scrambled Tofu is very easy and quick to make. It is a very simple high-protein dish that can be ready in a short period of time. You can serve this for breakfast or brunch. This scrambled tofu tastes a lot like scrambled eggs! You can add additional spices of your choice like Jeera or Turmeric, or anything else you’d use on your regular scrambled eggs. To make this vegan breakfast taste even more like real eggs, you can also add black salt (kala namak) or nutritional yeast. Just be careful with using black salt, as it has a very strong flavour, and never replace regular salt with it, just use it as an additional spice.
Even if you’re a meat-eater, there are a lot of dishes that use tofu, so you might want to check this one out!
Scrambled TofuCourse: BreakfastCuisine: Other world cuisineDifficulty: Easy
Tofu – 300 grams
Onion – medium-sized
Red Capsicum – 1 large
Bell Pepper – half size
Cooking Oil – 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Jeera or Cumin (optional)
- First, chop the onions into medium-sized or tiny cubes for them to be a little chunky. Then, take half of the bell pepper (or red capsicum). Remove the flesh from the center and cut it into medium-sized chunks. For garnishing, you can start chopping some spring onions into slices and some coriander.
- Next, add 1 tablespoon of oil to a hot pan. Add the chopped onions and bell pepper. Stir fry it for 1 and a half minutes.
- Then, add 300grams of tofu. Scramble it while you add it into the pan. Stir. You can also add other spices like jeera or turmeric.
- Add half a teaspoon of salt to taste. If you want to have the egg flavour in the scrambled tofu you can just a pinch or quarter of a teaspoon of add black salt. Remember black salt should not be used like regular salt.
- Lastly, add the chopped spring onion, the coriander, and last but not least, add half a teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper. You can add some more coriander or parsley to garnish. Your nice scrambled tofu is now ready for breakfast. Enjoy!