This Zucchini Pasta with Creamy Avocado Pesto is a perfect recipe because it’s super healthy and the best part is you feel like you’re eating a big bowl of pasta! Zucchinis are low in calories, high in fiber, full of nutrients. It’s also quick and easy to make too!
Zucchini noodles can be made with a spiralizer. But Zucchini is soft enough to cut into perfect wide strip noodles too! The neutral flavour of this makes it great as a pasta substitute. This recipe is a delicious low-carb alternative to your standard pesto pasta that you can enjoy either hot or cold depending on your mood.
Zucchini Pasta with Creamy Avocado PestoDifficulty: Easy
1 Zucchini spiralized or cut into wide strips
Juice of half lemon
2 Garlic cloves
Cherry Tomatoes (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
- First, slice the zucchini into thin slices using a vegetable slicer. After that, lay the sliced zucchinis flat and cut them into wide strips to make zucchini noodles. You may also use a spiralizer to make your noodles.
- For the Sauce, blend avocado, salt, and lemon juice until smooth. Then heat the pan with olive oil, and cook the garlic until brown. Add the avocado mixture and some water to the pan. Mix until sauce reaches a fluid yet thick consistency.
- Add the cherry tomatoes for added flavour.
- Reduce heat to a minimum then add the zucchini noodles to the sauce.
- Gently coat the noodles with the sauce and cook it a little more until flavours combine.
- Serve hot and enjoy!