- Online Programmes
- Healthy Eating Quiz
- Cart: €0,00
- Sign In
You will enjoy a perfect combination of a small-group sightseeing guided tour and authentic local food tasting through one of Florence's most enchanting areas.
– Meet up with our guide and visit a local bar for an original Italian Coffee tasting. You will get to learn about the history behind these typical Italian “morning jump” starters.
– After the coffee tasting, we will walk through the elegant fashion district of Florence experience a heavenly mouthwatering truffle sandwich; you won’t find anything like it!
– No food visit to Florence would be complete without Cheeses, Olive Oils and a seasonal specialty that your will taste inside the oldest food Market called the San Lorenzo Market, where the fresh produce absolutely glows, and gourmet offerings meet you at every corner. It’s the perfect location where you will taste a wide array of Italian foods including a traditional Tuscan dish. During this stop you will also learn about the secrets of the real Bistecca alla Fiorentina.
– The Food Tour continues with a visit to local wine shop where you will taste two different wines, produced by expert local Tuscan wine producers. The on-site Sommelier will explain the differences between colors, perfumes and areas where wines are produced. You will also learn basic elements of viticulture and art of wine making.
– Your Food experience will end tasting a yummy gelato in one of the best homemade ice cream shops. Probably you don’t know that the history of “gelato” dates back to frozen desserts served in ancient Rome ,made from snow and ice brought down from mountains, and preserved deep underground. Later, frozen desserts appeared during banquets at the Medicicourt in Florence. In fact, the Florentine food lover/architect Bernardo Buontalenti is said to have invented modern ice cream in 1565, as he presented his recipe and his innovative refrigerating techniques to Catherine de’ Medici.
Duration: 3.5 hours
Child Policy: children rates apply for the age between 4 and 10 years old
Touristic Guide service, Italian Coffee Tasting,
Professional local guide
English (Italian, French, Russian on request)
If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 4 and 7 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, you will be charged a 30% cancellation fee. If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee. The payment will not be refunded for any other reason (i.e. weather, change of travel plans, illness, missed train…..) within 3 days of the scheduled tour. No refund will be granted for late arrivals - We kindly ask all guests to be in our office at least 5 minutes prior to tour departure to complete check-in formalities.
Cancellation for this activity is possible 8 days before the start date. You will be refunded 100 % of the activity price.